Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Easy Boho Waves -- Tutorial

 I've always wanted an easy, wavy hairstyle. But because of my naturally straight hair, that's kind of hard to find! Well, I have finally done it, though. I've found the perfect hairstyle! And it's easy, too!

All you need is a flat iron, and a curling wand. My flat iron is a Remington 1" iron, and my curling wand is a Hot Tools 1"-1/2" iron.



<-- Hot Tools Curling Wand and..
                   Remington Flat Iron -->






The first step is just to straighten the top layer of your hair. You don't have to do this, but I like to, because my top layers are really messy in the mornings.


Next, I section off my hair into manageable sections. You don't want to be curling thick pieces of hair!   


                                                       

Then, we start the curling! Woo! All you do is take a 1" strand of hair and pick up your curling wand. Wrap the strand of hair around the wand going from the thick part of the wand to the skinny part. Since we are doing waves, I only hold my hair there for approximately 3 seconds. But if you want curls, then hold it longer. 


Repeat this step for the rest of your hair, until you get to your top layers. The only thing different about the top layers is that I hold the hair around the wand for a few seconds longer. This will make the top curlier, and add more body to your hair. 

When your finished curling all of your hair, just finish off with some product. The products I use are Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray, and FX Curl Booster. I spritz the Not Your Mother's a few times in my hair, and scrunch it up. This adds volume and bounce to your boho waves. I spray the FX Curl Booster on my hands and scrunch it through my hair, as well. This defines your curls and adds bounce. 

Here's the finished look. 



Well, I hope you guys enjoyed my tutorial! If I wasn't clear about something or you have questions, PLEASE let me know! Comment down there! 
Thanks! (:


No comments:

Post a Comment